Dr. Kagen Puts Patients First, Announces Support for Better Health Care for All of Us
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
March 20, 2010
DR. KAGEN PUTS PATIENTS FIRST, ANNOUNCES SUPPORT FOR BETTER HEALTH CARE FOR ALL OF US
“We are beginning to fix what is broken and improving on what we already have at a price we can all afford to pay,” Dr. Kagen said. “This bill saves lives and jobs by putting patients first, strengthening Medicare and guaranteeing access to affordable care for all of us.”
Today, working together with other Democrats, Dr. Kagen secured payment adjustments for
Other key components of the health care reform bill benefiting
- Ending discrimination due to pre-existing medical conditions;
- Strengthening Medicare by closing the “donut hole” and eliminating waste, fraud and abuse;
- Promoting the practice of prevention;
- Rewarding doctors for the high quality work they do;
- Increasing competition across state lines for insurers; and
- Establishing a standard benefits plan that health insurers must offer to all citizens.
- Improve coverage for 475,000 residents with health insurance.
- Give tax credits and other assistance to up to 186,000 families and 17,200 small businesses to help them afford coverage.
- Improve Medicare for 114,000 beneficiaries, including closing the donut hole.
- Extend coverage to 17,500 uninsured residents.
- Guarantee that 7,400 residents with pre-existing conditions can obtain coverage.
- Protect 1,200 families from bankruptcy due to unaffordable health care costs.
- Allow 53,000 young adults to obtain coverage on their parents’ insurance plans.
- Reduce the cost of uncompensated care for hospitals and other health care providers by $45 million annually.
Leave a Reply