FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
July 28, 2010
KAGEN STANDS UP AGAIN FOR
WASHINGTON, D.C.- Today, Congressman Steve Kagen, M.D. took actions necessary to protect our manufacturing industry from the foreign corporations responsible for the loss of millions of American jobs. Passed by the House, the End the Trade Deficit Act and National Manufacturing Strategy Act will help to rebuild our manufacturing sector by developing a strategy to reverse the trade deficit and keep
“We must continue to work towards balanced trade deals that ship our values overseas instead of our jobs,” said Dr. Kagen. "We can compete and win against anyone, even
The End the Trade Deficit Act rethinks
So far this year, Congressman Kagen has supported legislation that:
- Closes tax loopholes that outsource
- Provides tax credits to help small businesses hire new employees and sell their products overseas.
- Boosts incentives to create American clean energy jobs like state-of-the-art wind turbines and solar panels – paid for by ending corporate welfare to Big Oil.
- Strengthens rules that compel contractors to buy American, especially to build transportation, energy, and communications infrastructure.
- Gives incentives to hire and re-train our veterans returning from overseas for new clean energy jobs.
- Strengthens partnerships with businesses to retrain workers for jobs of the future.