Privacy Statement for Rep. Steve Kagen
We respect the privacy of our on-line visitors and collect only a very limited amount of user information. This information is used only to improve the content and design of the Web site. Collected information includes the IP addresses of visitors, time of access, browser type used, and pages visited. We collect this information on an aggregate basis only (for example, which pages are most popular among visitors as a whole). This information is used to help improve the Web page, is for internal review only and not shared with any outside parties.
If you visit our site to read or download information, such as press releases, we collect and store only the following information:
- The name of the domain from which you access the Internet (for example, aol.com, if you are connecting from an America Online account).
- The date and time you access our site.
- The Internet address of the web site from which you linked directly to our site or the Internet address of the computer used to link to our site.
This information is used for site management purposes. This computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics using this information. These statistics are used for such purposes as assessing the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
NOTICE: We will not obtain personally-identifying information about you when you visit our site, unless you choose to provide such information.
If you send an E-mail message or complete a web form which contains personal information, we collect and store the following information:
- Any personally-identifying information which you choose to provide. For example your mailing address, in an electronic mail message or web form requesting information or commenting on current legislative issues. Information collected in this manner is used solely for information and, in some cases, to respond to you.
NOTICE: For site security purposes this Government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic. Anyone using this system consents to the monitoring of their use by system or security personnel.
- Unauthorized use, tampering with or modification of this system — or its supporting hardware or software — may violate federal or other statutes and may subject the violator to criminal and civil penalties. In the event of unauthorized intrusion, all relevant information regarding possible violation of law may be provided to law enforcement officials.
The collection and maintenance of personal information through this Web site is done exclusively by
Washington DC Office
1232 Longworth HOB
Washington DC 20515
ph: (202) 225-5665
fx: (202) 225-5729
House Information Resources
U.S. House of Representatives
Washington, DC 20515-6165
Disclosure to Third Parties
No personal information collected from this Web site will be disclosed to thrid parties except for law enforcement officials pursuant to a criminal investigation.
Participation in any activity within this Web site will not be conditioned on your disclosure of more personal information that is reasonably necessary to participate in that activity.