Health Care Law
New Health Care Law: What’s in it for you?
Families may now have Peace of Mind. No longer will a family go broke or lose their home, just because a loved one has an accident or gets sick. Our nation’s new health care law will save lives and jobs by putting patients first, strengthening Medicare and guaranteeing access to care for all of us.
No longer will insurance corporations be allowed to discriminate against small business owners by charging them higher premiums than big corporations, or dropping you if you become ill. We are beginning to rebuild America and level the playing field for all of us.
We have finally applied our hard-won Civil Rights, which protect all citizens against discrimination, to our health care system. There are many winning ideas in this landmark law, including the following that I helped to secure for all of us:
* No Discrimination against any citizen due to pre-existing medical conditions;
* Closing the Donut Hole and Eliminating Waste, fraud and abuse in Medicare;
* Small Business Tax Credits for of up to 35% of the costs for health insurance;
* Increased Payments to Doctors and Hospitals for their quality work;
* Increased Competition across state lines for insurers; and
* A Standard Benefit Plan that all health insurers must offer to all citizens.
PROTECTING YOUR FAMILY
1. Buying private health insurance coverage will be easier and affordable.
2. No Discrimination due to Pre-Existing Medical Conditions
Insurers will not be able to discriminate against you due to any pre-existing condition.
3. No Annual or Lifetime Caps on Coverage No more annual or lifetime caps
on health insurance coverage.
4. Full Coverage for Prevention Services Checkups and tests for prevention,
like mammograms and other prevention services, will be covered in Medicare
without any co-payments or deductibles.
5. No Dropped Coverage if You Become Seriously Ill Insurers are prohibited
from dropping or cutting your coverage if you become sick.
6. Extended Coverage for Young Adults Children are eligible for family
coverage through the age of 26.
7. Guaranteed Insurance Renewal Insurance companies are required to renew
your policy, as long as you pay your premium in full, and they are not allowed to
refuse your renewal if you become sick.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR US IN NORTHEAST WISCONSIN?
|Close the “Donut Hole” in Medicare Part-D
No Deductibles or out-of-pocket expenses for prevention services, like mammograms and colonoscopies
|98% of all small businesses will not be required to pay for their employee’s health care coverage.
In 2014, small business owners may buy health coverage for their families and employees at the same discounts as big corporations.
PEOPLE HAVE COVERAGE
|Nothing changes. It is your personal choice. If you want to change doctors or insurers, then you can.|
FAMILIES WHO CANNOT AFFORD COVERAGE NOW
|Health care coverage will be affordable by making credits available to those who are in need.|
FOR 8th DISTRICT HOSPITALS + PHYSICIANS
|Increased reimbursements for Medicaid and Medicare covered services|
|Children can stay on their parent’s insurance coverage until age 26.|